The Stuck at Prom Scholarship Contest is an annual scholarship contest for high school students who create cool prom accessories and outfits from duct tape. This is one of the most interesting scholarships out there and gives students lots of opportunity to show off their creativity!
Applicants also have to complete an online entry form.
Who is eligible to apply to the Stuck at Prom Scholarship?
- Students must be at least 14 years of age and attend a high school, home school association, or other school-sanctioned prom.
- Be a legal resident of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Maryland, Vermont and Colorado) or a legal resident of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec).
- Students not chosen as finalists in any previous Stuck at Prom contests.
What will the scholarship committee be looking at?
Here’s how it works: Duck brand selects a panel of judges, and those judges will determine the finalists based on:
- Workmanship (20%)
- Originality (20%)
- Use of colors (20%)
- Accessories (20%)
- Use of Duck® Brand Duck Tape (20%)
For the official list of judging criteria, see the Official Rules.
How much is the scholarship worth?
- First Place Prize for the Dress Category: $10,000 awarded to the winning Finalist in the Dress Category.
- One (1) First Place Prize for the Tux Category: $10,000 awarded to the winning Finalist in the Tux Category.
- Eight (8) Runners Up Prizes: $500 Cash Scholarship and Duck Brand Prize Packs (ARV $100 each) awarded to the remaining Finalists in each of the Dress and Tux Categories.
All entries are due by July 21, 2020, so you all still have time to plan a great outfit! At the very least, you can see the awesome outfits that students have put together in the Stuck at Prom Gallery.
If you have any questions, they are probably answered in this handy FAQs section!
Best of luck, creative ones!