The Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships recognize and reward the great steps students are taking to fight hunger in our communities across the United States.
Who is eligible to apply for the Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships?
1. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution (kindergarten through graduate school) in the United States. All applicants must be ages 5-25 and meet the age requirement by Oct. 5, 2020
2. All applicants must demonstrate an on-going commitment to their community by performing unpaid volunteer services impacting US hunger within the last 12 months
3. All applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States who reside in the contiguous United States, Alaska, and Hawaii only
4. Volunteer services performed by applicant must help non-family members
5. The student’s parent or legal guardian must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Assignment of Rights
6. Scholarship fund awards must be used for tuition and related fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at an accredited post-secondary education institution
How much are the these scholarships worth?
Each student selected as a national Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship recipient will receive a $5,000 scholarship, as well as a $5,000 grant made in their name to the hunger-related charity of their choice in their local community.
The Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation recognizes up to five national scholarship recipients based on their ongoing work to end hunger. In addition, Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation recognizes up to 20 Stop Hunger regional honorees with a $1,000 donation for their preferred hunger-relief charity.
What is the application deadline for the Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships?
Scholarship applications close on Dec. 5, 2020.
Best of luck to all applicants!