According to their website, Sports Unlimited is dedicated to reaching further than the field, court, or diamond that you play on. They believe in fostering development and empowering ourselves and others through higher education because it takes as much courage to succeed in the classroom as it does on the field. Once every year, they offer the Sports Unlimited Scholarship to the athlete who inspires them most through his or her essay.
Who is eligible to apply for the Sports Unlimited Scholarship?
To be eligible:
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior or a freshman/sophomore in college.
- Applicants can’t be related to anyone at Sports Unlimited.
- Sports Unlimited reserves the right to verify the date of high school graduation and/or college enrollment.
How do you apply?
Students must write an essay on the following topic:
“Do you believe collegiate athletes should be allowed to be paid for playing sports? Please explain why or why not.”
Here’s how to enter:
- Write an essay on the above topic in 500-1000 words.
- Email a word doc attachment of your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use subject: Sports Unlimited Scholarship – 2020
- The file name should be your full name, state, and date of birth. Example: Chase-Utley-PA-12-17-1978.docx
- Include your high school in the essay (either in mention or stated in the header)
- Submit by April 30, 2020
Remember, this is an essay scholarship, so your best writing is required. Make sure to answer the prompt and support your stance with specific examples. Also, proofread for spelling and grammar before hitting that submit button. The winner’s essay might be featured on the Sports Unlimited blog, so put your very best writing out there!
How much is the scholarship worth?
The Sports Unlimited Scholarship is worth $1,000!
When is the scholarship due?
The deadline to apply is April 30, 2020.
Best of luck to all who apply!