The Siemens Math, Science & Technology Scholarship is a college scholarship for high-achieving high school students. According to their website, “The Siemens Competition honors the best and brightest students for their accomplishments in math and science – students who are changing the world for the better.” If you are a student who has a strong record in math, science, and technology, this scholarship is a great opportunity to consider.
Who is eligible to apply for a Siemens Math, Science & Technology Scholarship?
The Siemens Math, Science, and Technology Scholarship is open to high school students who are citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) of the United States. Additionally, students must be in good standing, enrolled in and attending one of the following (during the 2017-18 school year):
- High school (grades 9 through 12) in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Wake and Midway Islands, or the Marianas.
- Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) school.
- Foreign school as an exchange student or because your parent or guardian lives and works abroad.
- Homeschool provided that signatures are obtained from the school district responsible for such programs. If your state does not require district supervision, the parent or guardian responsible for the homeschooling must sign it.
- Students must be enrolled in high school (grades 9 through 12) during the 2017-18 school year.
What is Siemens Math, Science & Technology scholarship worth for students?
Scholarships range from $1000 to $100,000, and are awarded to all students who are selected to attend and compete in the regional and national events. You can check the Siemens website for more specific details about the scholarship awards.
When is the application deadline?
All competition materials are due (including the research report and all other required application materials) by September 19, 2017.
Best of luck to all applicants!