The Scholarship America Dream Award assists students from across the nation entering their second year of higher education beyond high school. Awards are granted without regard to color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
Who is eligible to apply for Scholarship America Dream Award?
Applicants to the Scholarship America Dream Award must:
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card), or individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA).
- Have received a high school diploma or the equivalent from a U.S. school by September 2020.
- Have completed or expect to successfully complete a minimum of one full year of postsecondary education by June 2021.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at the sophomore year level or higher at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire 2021-2022 academic year.
- Be studying to obtain an Associate’s or first Bachelor’s degree.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Demonstrate financial need.
How much is the scholarship worth?
If selected as recipients, students receive awards ranging from $5,000 to $15,000. Awards are renewable for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance in a full-time course of study. Each year of eligible renewal, the award increases by $1,000.
When is the application for Scholarship America Dream Award due?
Your application is due by 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time, October 15, 2020.
Best of luck to all applicants!