When it comes to promoting compassion towards animal welfare, P.L.A.Y. (Pet Lifestyle And You) truly practices what they preach. For starters, they donate products to local shelters in need through the Warm Bellies Initiative with the Petfinder Foundation. P.L.A.Y. also offers the annual Scholars Helping Collars Scholarship to a graduating high school senior who best exemplifies their core values and beliefs.
Who is eligible to apply for the Scholars Helping Collars Scholarship?
- The contest is open to U.S. residents
- No purchase is necessary
- Full-time high school seniors are eligible
- One submission per person
How do I apply for this scholarship?
The internal judges at P.L.A.Y. select the winner based on the overall quality of the essay. According to the website, this includes:
- Compelling and engaging description of volunteer efforts and their impact on your personal life, as well as your community
- Thematic consistency throughout the submission around the central thesis
- Proper spelling and grammar usage throughout the submission.
In taking in the above selection criteria, it is obvious that a well-planned essay that moves the reader is needed. This kind of writing takes time, so start early! Ask a relative, friend, or teacher to take a look at your essay before you hit that “submit” button.
How much is this scholarship worth?
- First Prize is a $1,500 award
- Second place winner receives one set of Warm Bellies Special Edition Chill Pads (10 beds) for donation to an animal shelter of their choice
- Third prize is a Garden Fresh plush toy set (five toys) for donation to animal shelter of the winner’s choice
When is the scholarship application due?
The essay submission deadline is 11:59pm PT on February 28, 2021. Winners will hear the good news in April of 2021!
Click here to read the winning essays from previous years.
Best of luck to all applicants!