The Remarkable Futures Scholarship began when Chick-fill-A founder Truett Cathy placed a mayonnaise jar on the counter of his first restaurant. The jar was not for tips for himself, but rather, to help a team member fund his college education. Since 1973, Chick-fill-A has helped over 59,000 employees achieve their “remarkable futures.” To date, a total investment of $92 million has been awarded in scholarships!
Who is eligible to apply for the Remarkable Futures Scholarship?
Chick-fill-A offers two scholarships to eligible employees. See this page for specific criteria for each scholarship, taking note that there are differences in GPA and financial need for each. The good thing is applicants only need to complete one application. Recipients will be chosen for each scholarship based on the specific eligibility requirements.
There are a few requirements that are common to both scholarships, including that applicants are:
- An employee at a franchised, company-owned and/or affiliated restaurant (including Dwarf House Group, LLC (Dwarf House, Truett’s Chick-fil-A, Truett’s Luau, Edgewater, Truett’s Grill)) at the time of application
- A Team Member at the time award is presented by the Operator, Interim Manager, or Executive General Manager
- A postsecondary undergraduate or graduate student or planning to enroll in undergraduate or graduate study
- Recommended by an Operator, Interim Manager, or Executive General Manager
- Show active involvement in community service in the twelve months prior to application
How much are these scholarships worth?
Chick-fil-A awards two scholarships to eligible Team Members:
- True Inspiration Scholarships worth $25,000
- Leadership Scholarships worth $2,500
Scholarship checks are payable to the winners’ institute of higher education.
When is the application deadline?
Completed applications are due by December 1, 2020!
For a handy list of FAQs, click here.
Read about the amazing recipients of Remarkable Futures Scholarships here.
Still have questions? Reach out Scholarship America, Chick-fil-A’s scholarship partner, at 1-800-553-0030 or [email protected].
Best of luck to all who apply!