Raytheon Company has partnered with FIRST Robotics to offer the Raytheon/FIRST Robotics Scholarships. The program assists FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) or FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) team members further their educations. This is an amazing opportunity for STEM minded students, and it is open to technical students as well!
Who is eligible to apply for the Raytheon-FIRST Robotics Scholarships?
- Students who have participated on a FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) or FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) team in high school AND
- High school seniors who plan to enroll or students who are already enrolled in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school
The application must include the following:
- A current, complete transcript of grades
- Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term
- One online recommendation form submitted no later than by 3:00 PM CT on June 2, 2020
While the application is pretty straightforward, ask for the recommendation and transcript early. Give yourself plenty of time to read through all the requirements. Financial need is not a consideration. Students who participated on a Raytheon-sponsored robotics team or schools where Raytheon has a presence are given preference as are STEM minded students.
How much are the Raytheon-FIRST Robotics Scholarships worth?
The scholarships are worth $1,000. Students may reapply to the program each year as long as they meet the eligibility requirements.
Applicants may receive only one Raytheon Scholarship in any academic year. If an applicant has received another scholarship from Raytheon within the same academic year, they will not be eligible for The FIRST Robotics Scholarship Program (and vice versa).
When is the deadline to apply for the Raytheon/FIRST Robotics Scholarships?
The deadline to apply is May 28, 2020. The lucky winners will hear the good news by mid-July!
Best of luck to all applicants!