Probo Medical is a leading company in the sales and service of new and refurbished ultrasound, MRI, and CT medical equipment. Twice every year, they offer the bi-annual Probo Medical Scholarship to the students who write the most compelling essay about medical technology and the future.
To apply for the scholarship, you must submit an original essay of up to 1,500 words that describes how medical equipment technology has changed the face of a college course and curriculum. Entries can also include a look toward the future and how this area of study will continue to evolve and advance. Since this is an essay scholarship, your best writing is required. Don’t forget to proofread for grammar and punctuation, as it shows you care!
A selection committee made up of Probo employees choose the winning essays each term. The selection of the winner is based on originality, research, and the overall quality of the essay submitted. Any student who plans for a medical or veterinary career is especially encouraged to enter. However, students on any career path are also welcome to apply, so apply if the topic interests you.
Who is eligible to apply for the Probo Medical Scholarship?
All eligible applicants must be:
- enrolled at an accredited high school, college or university in the United States
- either in your final year of high school or enrolled at the undergraduate level in good standing
- age 16 or older
- attending a U.S.-based institution
- maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (or equivalent)
How much is this scholarship worth?
One lucky winner will receive a $500 scholarship each!
When is the Probo Medical Scholarship due?
Students may apply for this scholarship twice a year:
- Mail all applications by June 21st for the summer entry. For the winter deadline, make sure that you mail your application in by January 15th.
Read all the details here.
Best of luck to all applicants!