According to the PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation, their mission is to “promote education by providing scholarships and educational programs to Greek American college students who, guided by the values of their Hellenic upbringing, have the potential to become life-long significant achievers and contribute meaningfully to society.” To date, the Foundation has awarded over three million dollars in PanHellenic Scholarships to over 450 undergraduate college students. The true Hellenic tradition emphasizes the role of education in creating citizens who will advance civilization. In offering these generous scholarships, the PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation is doing their part to ensure that Greek American students have the financial support to pursue higher education.
Who is eligible to apply for the scholarships?
- Students must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents and living in the U.S.
- Applicants must be of Hellenic descent
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 in order to qualify
- Students who are enrolled at an accredited university/college in the U.S. in Fall 2019 as full-time students and are pursuing a four-year bachelor degree are eligible to apply
- Students who have graduated from a non-U.S. high school are eligible to apply when they have completed 24 credit hours at an accredited university/college in the U.S.
- West Point, the Naval Academy, and other U.S. military students are eligible to apply
How much are the scholarships worth?
The PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation offers forty scholarships for a total of $250,000 in awards:
- Twenty (20) awards of $10,000 each based on academic achievement and financial need
- Twenty (20) awards of $2,500 each based solely on academic achievement
When is the application deadline for the PanHellenic Scholarships?
The online application must be submitted on Friday, January 31, 2020 by midnight.
For a handy list of FAQs and guidelines, including financial need criteria, click here.
Still have questions? Email email@example.com for answers.
Best of luck to all applicants!