Established in 1949, the International Peace Scholarship Fund believes that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding. The P.E.O (Philanthropic Educational Organization) funds the P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada. To learn more about the P.E.O., click here. Their motto is “Women helping women reach for the stars,” which pretty much tells you what the good people in the P.E.O. strive for!
Who is eligible to apply for the P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship?
- An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible
- Scholarships are not for online courses, research, internships or for practical training if not combined with coursework
- Applicants must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- International students attending Cottey College are eligible to apply for a scholarship
How much are these scholarships worth?
The maximum amount awarded for the P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship is $12,500.
When are the scholarship applications due?
The last day to submit eligibility forms is December 15, 2021. Applications for students already enrolled in school are due March 1. Those not yet enrolled are due April 1. Please click here for a handy calendar of due dates since those dates vary depending on whether students are enrolled in graduate school yet.
The view previous winners, click here.
Still have questions about these scholarships? Please contact Jaime Jensen at [email protected]
Best of luck to all applicants!