If you are a graduating high school senior who plans on a future in aviation, keep reading! The National Air Transportation Association offers the Navigate Your Future Scholarship every year. This scholarship is especially for high school graduates who are continuing their educations in the aviation industry. By making scholarships available, NATF’s goal is to foster and promote careers in the general aviation industry.
Who is eligible for The Navigate Your Future Scholarship?
The applicant must:
- Be a senior in high school planning a career in the general aviation field
- Be enrolled or accepted in an aviation-related program at an accredited college or university
- Submit the letter of acceptance from the college or university
- Demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in general aviation
How do I apply for this scholarship?
The entire scholarship application is available on the NATF website. While the process is pretty straightforward, be prepared to share:
- A high school transcript showing rank in graduating class
- Letter of recommendation
- Letter of acceptance from college/university
In addition the above, all applicants will submit a personal statement discussing their career goals in general aviation, education plans, and flight training goals. Finally, share at least two reasons explaining why you should be chosen for the scholarship. Remember, your personal statement and reasoning for receiving the scholarship are the main selection criteria. With that in mind, make sure that you give yourself plenty of time to craft those responses. Don’t forget to proofread for spelling, grammar, and punctuation–it shows you care!
How much is this scholarship worth?
The scholarship award is $2,500. Recipients will be notified in writing by the end of July 2020.
When is this scholarship due?
The NATF deadline for completed application packets is June 26, 2020.
Still have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for answers.
Best of luck, future aviators!