Since 1987, the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation has provided merit-based scholarships for undergraduate students pursuing degrees related to the restaurant industry. They have awarded over 23 million in scholarships since . If you are a student enrolled or is planning to major in a culinary arts program, apply for one of the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation Scholarships now!
Who is eligible to apply for the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation Scholarships?
All scholarship applicants must be:
- A citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States of America and its territories
- Enrolled or accepted as a full time or part-time student at an accredited post-secondary institution, college, or university for the upcoming academic year
- Majoring in a restaurant or foodservice-related program
- Plan to enroll for at least two consecutive terms
- Unrelated to any employees or family members of the National Restaurant Association, National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, any state restaurant association
These scholarships have multiple requirements, including one letter of recommendation and current transcripts that show your cumulative GPA. In addition, you made need to submit a Student Aid Report (if you’ve filed FAFSA for the upcoming school year.
How much are these scholarships worth?
Scholarship awards range from $2,500 to $10,000. All awards will be mailed directly to the school that the winners attend. Scholarship awards can be applied towards tuition and fees, books, room and board, as well as winter or summer sessions within the academic year the funds were awarded.
When if the deadline to apply for these scholarships?
The application deadline is March 15, 2021. The scholarship application review period occurs during April and May. In June, the lucky scholarship winners receive their awards!
Still have questions? Send the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation an e-mail at [email protected]!
Best of luck to all who apply!