Have a passion for technology and leadership, a GPA of 3.0 or higher, a disAbility, and plan to attend college but could use some financial assistance? ? The Microsoft disAbility Scholarship was created for you! These generous scholarships aim to help outstanding student with college funding s and help to increase employment among college students with disAbilities.
Who is eligible to apply for the Microsoft disAbility Scholarship?
To be considered for the Microsoft disAbility Scholarship, you must:
- Be a current high school senior with living with a disAbility (as defined by WHO), whether that be visual, hearing, mobility, cognitive, speech or other disAbility.
- Plan to attend an undergraduate program in a two or four-year University/College or Technical College in the fall of the academic year following high-school graduation. Schools must be in the USA or have a USA-Affiliate for financial transactions
- Declare a major in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, law, business, or a related field (e.g. paralegal, pre-law, finance, business administration, or marketing).
- Demonstrate a passion for technology.
- Demonstrate leadership at school and/or in the community.
- Have a high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Require financial assistance to attend college.
- Enrollment status must be full-time or half time.
This scholarship requires applicants to write three essays of 250 to 500 words each, as well as two letters of recommendation. A resume and an unofficial transcript is also required. The details are available online, so look early and give yourself enough time to put together a stellar application!
How much is the Microsoft disAbility Scholarship worth?
Award recipients will receive $5,000 per school year, for up to $20,000 in total awards.
When is the Microsoft disAbility Scholarship application due?
The deadline to apply for the Microsoft disAbility Scholarship is March 1, 2020.
Have questions? Contact email@example.com for answers.
Best of luck to all who apply!