Have a passion for technology and leadership, a GPA of 3.0 or higher, a disAbility, and plan to attend college? Could you use some financial assistance to reach your goals? The Microsoft disAbility Scholarship is perfect for you! These generous scholarships aim to help outstanding student with college funding s and help to increase employment among college students with disAbilities.
Who is eligible to apply for the Microsoft disAbility Scholarship?
To be considered for one of these Microsoft Scholarships, you must:
- Be a current high school senior with living with a disAbility (as defined by WHO), whether that be visual, hearing, mobility, cognitive, speech or other disAbility.
- Plan to attend an undergraduate program in a two or four-year University/College or Technical College in the fall of the academic year following high-school graduation. Schools must be in the USA or have a USA-Affiliate for financial transactions
- Declare a major in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, law, business, or a related field (e.g. paralegal, pre-law, finance, business administration, or marketing).
- Demonstrate a passion for technology.
- Demonstrate leadership at school and/or in the community.
- Have a high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Require financial assistance to attend college.
- Enrollment status must be full-time or half time.
This scholarship requires applicants to write three essays of 250 to 500 words each. Two letters of recommendation, a resume, and an unofficial transcript are also required. All of the details are available online, so look early and give yourself enough time to put together a stellar application!
How much are these scholarships worth?
Award recipients will receive $5,000 per school year, for up to $20,000 in total awards.
When is this scholarship application due?
The deadline to apply for the Microsoft disAbility Scholarship is March 1, 2021.
Have questions? Contact email@example.com for answers.
Best of luck to all who apply!