Who is eligible for the Microsoft Cybersecurity Essay Scholarship?
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must be 18 years or older. Students must also be actively enrolled at an accredited college or university between September 15, 2014 and January 15, 2015 (or have graduated from a college or university between those times).
How do I apply?
To apply, students must write a 5 to 15 page essay that addresses on one (or more) of the following questions:
- What will be the priority cybersecurity issues in 2025, and why?
- Who are the priority stakeholders in securing cyberspace (for example, industry, governments, NGOs, and so on)? What new entrants may there be? How will their roles evolve leading up to 2025?
- What should be the primary objectives of these stakeholders? Where there are conflicting objectives, such as national versus international policies, how should they be reconciled?
- What are the priority actions that should be taken by stakeholders to improve cybersecurity by the year 2025?
- What impacts will ensuring or failing to ensure cybersecurity have on societies and economies in the year 2025?
Papers should be submitted in Microsoft Word and include the student’s name, name of college or university, and contact inform
What will the scholarship committee be looking at?
The scholarship committee will be seeking original research. Additionally, “the ideal submission will leverage original research to inform policy analysis.”
What are the scholarship awards?
The top three essays will be awarded cash prizes:
- First Place: $5,000
- Second Place $3,000
- Third Place: $2,000
Check out the scholarship website.