The Hyundai Women in STEM Scholarship is for college women planning on a career in STEM related fields. According to the Hyundai scholarship website, the company itself is “driven to be better.” These generous scholarship make everything “better,” including that tuition bill, for the lucky winners!
Who is eligible to apply for the Hyundai Scholarship?
The application criteria is pretty straightforward. To be qualified to apply, you will:
- Be a female high school senior or college student
- Legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia
- Plan on majoring in STEM fields
- Be at least 18 years of age, or 16 years of age with consent of a parent and/or legal guardian
How do I apply for this scholarship?
- Write an essay of 500 words or more on what has driven you to choose a STEM-related field for your future.
- Craft your essay on a Google doc, with your name and year in a university program at the top (2020 graduating high school seniors allowed!)
- Submit your application through the online form and remember to include a link to your essay
As you see below, the essay is very important. Therefore, take the time and effort to craft an original (not previously published or submitted anywhere else) that responds directly to the prompt.
Winners will be selected according to the following:
- Thoughtfulness of response – Fifty percent (50%)
- Relevance to question – Thirty percent (30%)
- Quality of composition – Fifteen percent (15%)
- Grammatical accuracy – Five percent (5%)
How much is the Hyundai Women in STEM Scholarship worth?
Are you ready? Hyundai awards five (yes, five!) scholarships worth $10,000!
When is the application deadline for the Hyundai Scholarship?
The application is due on June 30, 2020, at 11:59 p.m., Pacific Time. By July 31, the lucky winners will hear back!
Click here to read the official rules.
Discover more scholarships like this here!
Best of luck to all applicants!