The POISE Foundation, located in Pittsburg, PA, is proud to provide the scholarship administration for the National NAACP Scholarship Program. The POISE Foundation believes that a “community is only as strong as its foundation.” Through the generosity of their donors, the NAACP awards scholarships to outstanding students each year. The Hubertus W.V. Willems Scholarship for Male Students was created especially for male students. It is awarded to male students who plan to major in STEM related fields such as engineering, chemistry, physics or mathematical sciences. There are very few scholarships available specifically for males, so guys who plan on pursuing careers in STEM, make sure that you take advantage of this awesome opportunity. Apply now!
Who is eligible for the Hubertus W.V. Willems Scholarship for Male Students?
All applicants who apply for the Hubertus W.V. Willems Scholarship for Male Students must be:
- Males majoring in one of the following STEM fields: Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematical Sciences
- Citizens of the United States of America
- Currently enrolled or accepted to an accredited college (excluding proprietary schools) in the United States of America
- NAACP membership and participation is highly desirable, but not required
- Have demonstrate financial need based on the federal poverty guidelines
Click here to see guidelines
In addition, for graduating high school seniors and undergraduate students, the following guidelines apply:
- All applicants must be full-time students
- Applicants should possess a grade point average of 2.5 (C+) on a 4.0 system
and graduate students must be:
- Full or part-time students
- Have earned a 3.0 (B) average on a 4.0 system
How much is the Hubertus W.V. Willems Scholarship for Male Students worth?
Twenty to forty scholarships are awarded each year with a maximum scholarship award of $3,000.
When is the scholarship application due?
The application closes the first of May of 2020!
Best of luck to all who apply!