The Association offers the Horatio Alger National Scholarships specifically to deserving high school seniors. Students involved in co-curricular and community activities are eligible for this scholarship, which also aims to support students with demonstrated financial aid. The Horatio Alger National Scholarships rewards students who demonstrate integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity.
Who is eligible for the scholarships?
To be fully eligible, the applicant will demonstrate:
- enrollment full time as a high school senior in the United States, progressing normally toward graduation in the Spring/Summer 2021, with plans to enter college no later than the fall following graduation
- a strong commitment to pursuing and completing a bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution located in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution
- Critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income required)
- a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- United States Citizenship
How much are the Horatio Alger Scholarships worth?
The scholarships are worth $25,000 each! The best part is that there are 106 scholarships offered to students, so the chances of receiving one if you fully qualify are better than most!
National Scholars receive an all-expenses paid trip to Washington, D.C. during the spring of their senior year to participate in the National Scholars Conference. All winners must attend the National Scholar’s Conference.
When is the deadline to apply for the Horatio Alger National Scholarships?
Applications must be submitted by October 25, 2020!
Check out this page to view last year’s winners.
Still have questions? If you have any questions, check out the FAQ on the Horatio Alger website.
Best of luck to all who apply!