The Horatio Alger Association offers the Horatio Alger National Scholarships to deserving high school seniors. Students involved in co-curricular and community activities are eligible for this scholarship, which also aims to support students with demonstrated financial aid.. The Horatio Alger National Scholarships rewards students who demonstrate integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity.
Who is eligible for the scholarships?
To be fully eligible, the applicant will demonstrate:
- enrollment full time as a high school senior in the United States, progressing normally toward graduation in the Spring/Summer 2020, with plans to enter college no later than the fall following graduation;
- a strong commitment to pursuing and completing a bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution located in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution.
- critical financial need ($55,000 or less adjusted gross income per family is preferred. If higher, explanation must be provided);
- a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
- United States Citizenship.
How much are the scholarships worth?
The scholarships are worth $25,000 each! The best part is that there are 106 scholarships offered to students!
When is the deadline to apply for the Horatio Alger National Scholarships?
Applications must be submitted by October 25, 2019!
If you have any questions, check out the FAQ on the Horatio Alger website.
Best of luck to all who apply!