Who is eligible for the scholarships?
To be fully eligible, the applicant will demonstrate:
- Be enrolled full time as a high school junior in the United States
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
- Be a United States citizen
How much are the Horatio Alger Scholarships worth?
The scholarships are worth $25,000 each! The best part is that there are 106 scholarships offered to students, so the chances of receiving one if you fully qualify are better than most!
National Scholars receive an all-expenses paid trip to Washington, D.C. during the spring of their senior year to participate in the National Scholars Conference. All winners must attend the National Scholar’s Conference.
When is the deadline to apply for the Horatio Alger National Scholarships?
Applications must be submitted by March 15, 2022.
Still have questions? If you have any questions, check out the FAQ on the Horatio Alger website.
Best of luck to all who apply!