The folks at Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation want you to “share your vision or design for the helicopter of 2050.” They want you to design a “sustainable, environmentally friendly helicopter of the future.”
The Judging Criteria:
Your entry will be based on:
- Uniqueness of concept (50%)
- Description of helicopter (25%)
- Level of sustainability/environmental friendliness (25%)
Click here for some help with ideas!
Who is eligible to apply for the Helicopter 2050 Challenge?
The Helicopter 2050 scholarship is open to younger prize seekers ages 9 through 16. The challenge is open to U.S. residents Only individual entries will be accepted. Read the official rules here.
What does the winner of the Helicopter 2050 challenge receive?
The entrant with the top idea will be awarded:
- the “2014 Igor Sikorsky Youth Innovator Award”
- a $1,000 scholarship
- a trip to Sikorsky headquarters in Stratford, CT to attend the award presentation and tour the facility!
Four finalists will receive a Sikorsky prize pack. Learn more.
When is the Helicopter 2050 Challenge due?
The deadline to send in your idea is October 15, 2015.