Each year, the Student Veterans of America (SVA) partners with Google to give back to military veterans. The Google SVA Scholarship is awarded to student veterans who are pursuing a higher education degree for computer science in the United States.
Who is eligible to apply for the Google SVA Scholarship?
All successful candidates must:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2020-2021 academic year
- Intend to enroll in or accepted as a full-time student at a university in the United States for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Maintain strong academic performance
- Be pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field
- Be a current student veteran (includes members of the National Guard or Reserve) OR
- A student on Active Duty as proven by submission of Active Duty orders and a Memorandum of Understanding from your commanding officer indicating that you are in good standing with your unit, and transcript
- Have received an honorable discharge, or currently be in good standing with his/her branch of service
This scholarship application has multiple components, including three essay responses of 500 words each, In addition, applicants must submit letters of recommendation. Therefore, make sure that you give yourself plenty of time to apply. Make sure you give your recommender plenty of time to write a stellar recommendation that shows you in your absolute best light. Before hitting that “submit” button for essay responses to the three prompts, check for spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Good luck!
How much is this scholarship worth?
Google and SVA generously awards eight (8) scholarships in the amount of $10,000 each!
When is the deadline to apply for this Scholarship?
This scholarship application will close on December 4, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
Still have questions? Submit your question to SVA here.
Best of luck to all who apply, and thank you for your service!