Planning on attending one of the thousands of accredited online college or university degree programs headquartered in the USA? Twice a year, the Get Educated Online awards distance learning scholarships to students attending accredited online university degree programs. Awards are based on both merit and financial aid need. You can use your free grant money to attend any accredited online school of your choice.
Who is eligible for this scholarship?
Applicants must be U.S. citizens enrolled in an online degree or certificate program located in the U.S.A. with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and demonstrated financial need. The college or university you plan to attend must be accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Download an official application
- Write a 500-word essay: “What an Online College Degree Means to Me”
- Attach a copy of your most recent grade transcript
- Attach a copy of your most recent FAFSA (or your 1040 tax return)
- Mail everything back to us at the address on the application
How much are the Get Educated Online scholarships worth?
Each scholarship is worth $1,000.
What is the application deadline?
Scholarship applications are accepted twice a year; the next deadline is October 15, 2015.
Best of luck to all applicants!