According to Geico, the Geico Achievement Award ProgramThe GEICO Achievement Award Program “is a long-standing tradition that supports some of our country’s most outstanding undergraduates by providing $2,500 awards and recognizing their dedication to academic success, leadership, and service.”
Who is eligible for the GEICO Achievement Award scholarship program?
Applicants to the GEICO Achievement Award Program must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college sophomore or junior currently enrolled full time at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire 2017-2018 academic year.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
- Be majoring in one of the following fields of study:
- Information Technology
- Other eligible Business-related majors: We will also consider students pursuing degrees related to Business, Computer Science and Mathematics, including Economics, Finance, Marketing, Management, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Statistics or Actuarial Science.
- Ineligible majors: At this time, our program is not open to students pursuing degrees in liberal arts, the natural sciences or most engineering programs.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities on campus and in the community.
- Provide resume, transcript, essay and a letter of recommendation.
- Approve the release of applicant contact information and all supporting application documentation to the GEICO.
- Agree that GEICO may contact applicant to inform them of internship or future employment opportunities as available.
What are the award amounts?
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $2,500 award. Up to thirty-four (34) awards will be granted.
Awards are one-time only. Past recipients may not reapply.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Awards are payable to the student and recipients will receive an IRS Form 1099.
When is the GEICO Achievement Award Program application due?
The application for the GEICO Achievement Award Program is due on November 6, 2017. If you have further questions, check out the FAQ page.