Today’s scholarship is the From Failure to Promise Essay Contest. It is sponsored by Dr. C. Moorer, who wrote the autobiography entitled From Failure to Promise: An Uncommon Path to Professoriate.
Who is eligible for the From Failure to Promise Scholarship?
1) Are you currently a H.S. senior or college student (undergraduate or graduate) who will be attending a college or university in the United States, Canada, or Mexico during the 2017-2018 academic year?
2) Do you have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA? (Upload most recent transcript when prompted to do so.)
3) Have you read the book From Failure to Promise: 360 Degrees (Dr. C. Moorer) and wrote an essay (min. 1500 words) answering all (3) of the required prompts as follows:
1. Which track(s): (On Track, Off Track, New Track, Fast Track, Tenure Track, or Backtrack) of the book, From Failure to Promise – “360 Degrees”, presented or reiterated the most important life lessons for you and why? (Cite at least 3-5 key examples from the book)
2. The author reiterates the importance of (Faith, Education, Experience, and Effort) throughout the book, From Failure to Promise – “360 Degrees”. Which factor(s) was/were most vital to his evolution in going from a “flunk-out” to a “professor” at the very same university and beyond? (Cite at least 3-5 key examples from the book)
3. How does the “Dr. C. Moorer’s – 7 Spheres of Influence and Integration Model “ from the book, From Failure to Promise – “360 Degrees” affect your world-view as related to civic responsibility and global citizenship? Explain.
How much is the scholarship worth?
The winning student will receive a scholarship of $10,000. The scholarship committee will also award three runners-up $500. each!
When is the scholarship due?
The deadline for this scholarship is July 31, 2017.
Best of luck to all applicants!