According to their website, Financial Sumo offers the Financial Sumo Educational Scholarship Program because they have “heard one too many stories of students taking on massive debt in order to fund their educational dreams. In order to help, they developed a scholarship program to help defray the costs of attending college.”
Who is eligible to apply for the Financial Sumo Educational Scholarship Program?
Any student currently attending an accredited college (or who will be in the Fall of 2018)
How to apply:
Submit a one page essay addressing the following two questions:
- What struggle have you overcome in your life that you are proud of?
- Financially speaking, what would this scholarship mean to you?
According to the Financial Sumo Website, they don’t “care if it’s single or double spaced, 3 sentences or 3 pages, written in Word, Pages, handwritten, etc. There are NO RULES for HOW you submit it [they] are looking at the content of WHAT you are writing not what format you write it in.
Interested applicants should email their essay to [email protected] and include the following information:
- Your name
- The college you are attending
- Your Mailing address and telephone number
How much is the Financial Sumo Educational Scholarship Program award worth?
One scholarship per educational year will be awarded in the amount of $1,000!
When is the Financial Sumo Educational Scholarship Program application due?
- This scholarship will be awarded annually, and the winner will be selected by September 1st (next winner will be announced September 1, 2018). The deadline for applying this year’s scholarship is August 29, 2018!
Best of luck to all applicants!