Every year, the Equitable Foundation awards $1.8 million in college scholarships to hundreds of remarkable students throughout our country (including Washington, DC, and Puerto Rico). The Equitable Excellence Scholarship (formerly known as the AXA Achievement Scholarship) is especially for high achieving, well-rounded graduating high school seniors. If you are a goal-minded student who knows that you have what it takes to succeed in college and beyond, apply now!
Who is eligible to apply for the Equitable Excellence Scholarship?
The winners of these scholarships are ethnically and economically diverse. In addition, they also share these qualities:
- Ambition and drive
- Determination to set and reach goals
- Respect for self, family, and community
- Ability to succeed in college
Applicants to the Equitable Scholarship must:
- Be United States citizens or legal residents in the 50 United States, Washington, D.C., or Puerto Rico
- Be current high school seniors
- Plan to enroll full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States for the Fall 2021 semester
- Demonstrate ambition and self-drive as evidenced by outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities
If you are interested in learning about previous Scholarship recipients you can check out the profiles of past winners.
How much is this Equitable Scholarship worth?
The awards are worth $2,500, $10,000 or $25,000! In addition to student success, the good folks at Equitable want to recognize the important role that the winners’ teachers played in their success. With this in mind, Equitable also awards a $1,000 grant to every Equitable Excellence winner’s high school!
When is the Equitable Scholarship application due?
- The application deadline is December 15, 2020, but only the first 10,000 applications will be accepted. In other words, students should apply as early as possible!
Best of luck to all applicants!