The Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship contest is open to any high school senior who is a US Citizen. Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need. The Elks National Foundation will award the Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship to 500 of the highest-rated applicants in the 2019 competition.
Who is eligible for the Elks Scholarship?
- Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply.
- Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks.
- High school graduates are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are signed; permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
How much is the Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship worth?
The awards range from $4000 to $50000! See below for breakdown:
- First Place: Two $50,000 awards for a total of $100,000
- Second Place: Two $40,000 awards for a total of $80,000
- Third Place: Two $30,000 awards for a total of $60,000
- Fourth Place: Fourteen $20,000 awards for a total of $280,000
- Runners Up: Four-hundred and eighty $4,000 awards for a total of $1,920,000
When is the application due?
The application is due November 5, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Questions? Click here for a list of Most Valuable Student scholarship application frequently asked questions.
Best of luck to all who apply!