The Eagle Foundation Scholarship is for high school seniors who live in the tri-state area (NY, CT, and NJ) who also are within a 2-hour drive from Greenwich, Connecticut, where the Eagle Foundation is located. Students must be planning on attending a four-year college in the United States and must demonstrate financial need.
Founded in 1994, the Eagle Foundation aims to support the future leaders of this country through their scholarship program. The scholarship is a four-year award that totals up to $10,000 per Eagle Scholar. The basic requirements for the award are NY, CT, or NJ residency, a 3.4 GPA, and an 1800+ on the SAT test. Students must also demonstrate financial need in order to attend college.
Successful applicants have strong community service and have demonstrated leadership abilities. If you are interested in applying the application packet can be found by emailing the Eagle Foundation at: Eagle06830@aol.com. Application packets must include the following:
- The three-page scholarship application and the two-page financial application
- A stamped, self-addressed envelope
- Two recommendations: one academic (teacher) and one personal (guidance counselor)
- A current photograph of the applicant
- An official transcript (including classes taken, grades, GPA, & SAT scores)
All applications are due on April 1, 2011, so there is still time to get your application in!
If you have any questions, the Eagle Foundation has a great FAQ or you can email Mrs. Brenda Landsman at Eagle06830@aol.com.
Best of luck!