In honor of the ongoing NBA season, today’s featured scholarship is the Don Poier Memorial Scholarship. This program is open to students who have a minimum 3.0 GPA and minimum 17 ACT score.
Who is this scholarship for?
The Don Poier Memorial Scholarship is designed to assist well-rounded Memphis City Schools students who demonstrate strong character and are actively involved in school and the community. One scholarship will be awarded each year. The scholarship would be awarded during the student’s second semester of his/ her senior year of high school and would be used towards the student’s freshman year of college.
What does the scholarship application include?
- completed application form
- most recent high school or college transcript
- copy of your ACT and/or SAT scores
- two current letters of recommendation from teachers, coaches, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities
- personal statement which highlights the student’s character, detailing important academic and community
- contributions and leadership roles (500 words or less)
Candidate selection will be based off of the following:
- excellence in academic performance
- community involvement and active citizenship
- personal statement
- accepted to accredited college, university or post-secondary institution
The deadline for this scholarship is February 22, 2016. Best of luck!