Denny’s partners with leading non-profit minority advocacy organizations to launch anti-hunger programs across the United States. The Denny’s Hungry for Education Scholarships are awarded to deserving high school and college students for their ideas to help Denny’s fight childhood hunger. Please note that there are a number of organizations that participate, so make sure you give yourself time to explore!
Who is eligible to apply for the Denny’s Hungry for Education Scholarships?
Applicants must be:
- Enrolled in an accredited high school or college in the United States or Puerto Rico
- Citizens or permanent residents of the United States or Puerto Rico
- Use the funds for education, such as tuition and related fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses
- Possess a minimum 2.5 GPA (high school and college). NOTE: Each partner organization may have additional requirements; however, GPA level varies
- Provide a 300-word essay (high school) or 500-word essay (college) on how Denny’s can bring their communities together
- Meet GPA level and other requirements set by each partner organization
Note: Students can apply for multiple scholarships each year, but the essay must be different for each scholarship application.
Since there is an essay component, your writing is what will set you apart and make you “come to life” for the selection committee. Be sure to start early and use vivid exmples to make the essay lively. Don’t forget for proofread for grammar, punctuation, and spelling before you hit that “submit” button!
How much are these scholarships worth?
Over 25 scholarships worth from $1,000 to $3,000 awarded!
When are applications for the Denny’s Hungry for Education Scholarships due?
Be sure to check each scholarship for individual deadlines! Most scholarship deadlines are December 11, 2020, but the HACU Scholarships are due on November 11, 2020, and the ASPSACC Scholarships are due in March 2021.