Delta Air Lines will award a $7,000 scholarship to a student currently enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program in aerospace/aeronautical, electrical, or mechanical engineering. In addition to the scholarship, the recipient will receive a trip to the 26th Annual International Women in Aviation Conference, including round trip airfare, hotel accommodations, and conference registration (Total Value $7000!).
To be eligible for the Delta Airlines Engineering Scholarship, applicants must be full-time students at the junior or senior level with a minimum of two semesters (as of February 2016, with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens. You also must be a member of Women in Aviation, International prior to November 12, 2016, and that membership must remain current through March 2016.
In addition to all WAI requirements, applicants must also include a detailed essay (500-1,000 words, typed and double spaced), which addresses the following topics:
1. Who or what inspired you to pursue a career in aerospace/aeronautical, electrical, or mechanical engineering?
2. What is or has been your greatest life challenge, and how has it enriched your and/or someone else’s life?
3. If someone else was to describe your greatest strength, what would it be and why, and what do you consider to be your strongest characteristic and why?
4. What has been your most memorable academic experience and how did you handle this situation?
5. Why are you the most qualified candidate for the Delta Air Lines Engineering Scholarship?
The total scholarship value is $5,000 (with the trip included, an estimated total value of $7,000).
Application and deadline
All scholarship applications must be signed and postmarked by November 12, 2016. The application can be downloaded by following links on this page.
Best of luck!