Started in 2004, the Dell Scholars Program aims to empower students as they pursue higher education. In addition to financial support, the program also supports students through a personalized college completion program. So far, the Dell has supported more than 4,800 scholars with the Dell scholarship.
Who is eligible to apply to the program?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the below listed criteria:
- Participating in a Michael & Susan Dell Foundation approved college readiness program in grades 11 and 12
- Graduating from an accredited high school this academic year
- Earning a minimum of a 2.4 GPA
- Demonstrated need for financial assistance and aid
- Eligible to receive a federal Pell grant in first year of college
- Planning to enroll full-time in a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited higher education institution in the fall directly after your graduation from high school
How are students evaluated for this Dell Scholarship?
The Dell Scholars Program is looking for students who have Grit, Potential, and Ambition. The scholarship website defines grit, potential, and ambition as:
- Grit by overcoming personal challenges in your life related to your family, school or community
- Potential by participating in college readiness programs and seeking out academic rigor
- Ambition by dreaming of obtaining a college degree
Dell Scholars are students who demonstrate their desire and ability to overcome barriers and to achieve their goals.Your application will be evaluated on your:
- Individual determination to succeed
- Future goals and plans to achieve them
- Ability to communicate the hardships you have overcome or currently face
- Self motivation in completing challenging coursework
- Demonstrated need for financial assistance
How much is the Dell scholarship worth?
In addition to $20,000, a laptop and textbook credits, Dell Scholars also receive “ongoing support and assistance to address all of the emotional, lifestyle, and financial challenges.” This is a huge opportunity for students who are looking to receive both financial assistance, as well as a support system to help them succeed in college!
When is the Dell Scholars Program application due?
The application closes December 1, 2020. Semifinalists will be announced later in December and semifinalists will have to submit additional application materials by the end of January. The Dell Scholars will be announcing the winners in March!
If you have any questions, you can check out this handy list of FAQs.
Best of luck to all applicants!