The Burger King Scholars program was created in memory of Burger King co-founder James “Jim” W. McLamore in 2000. So far, the program has awarded $35 million dollars to over 33,000 lucky award winners!
Who is eligible to apply to Burger King Scholars Program?
- Be a citizen of the United States or Canada,
- Have graduated from high school within the last three years or be a full-time student who is a senior at a high school or home school in the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico,
- Students who are applying as a full-time freshman to a four-year accredited, college or university that is located in the United States and is exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code,
- Students who have a cumulative unweighted grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.3,
- Students who have a minimum ACT Composite score of 25 or a minimum combined SAT score of 1220,
- Students who demonstrate an active leadership role in community service, athletics, and/or similar co-curricular activity (such as student government, team sports, fraternal life, etc); and,
- Students who demonstrate substantial work experience.
What are the selection criteria?
- Academic achievements
- Participation in school and community activities
- Length of employment (enrichment awards only)
- Work experience (James W. McLamore “WHOPPER” Scholarship only)
- Financial information (James W. McLamore “WHOPPER” Scholarship only)
How much are the Burger King Scholars Program awards?
Scholarship grants range from $1,000 to a whopping $50,000! All award checks will be mailed directly to the institution that the winners are/will attend.
When is the application for the Burger King Scholars Program due?
The application period is open through December 15, 2019. All winners will be notified by May of 2020 via U.S. Mail.
For a handy FAQs page, click here.
For additional information regarding the scholarship program: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Best of luck to all applicants!