Burger King is one of the most iconic fast food chains in the world. One of the ways that the company gives back is through Burger King scholarships. The Burger King Scholars program was created in memory of Burger King co-founder James “Jim” W. McLamore in 2000. This program was created to support students from the United States and Canada who are seeking higher education at a four year college or university. Keep reading to learn more about how you can apply for this great scholarship opportunity!
Who is eligible to apply to Burger King Scholars Program?
There are a few eligibility requirements that scholarship applicants must fulfill:
- Be a citizen of the United States or Canada
- Have graduated from high school within the last three years
- Students who are applying as a full-time freshman to a four-year accredited, college or university that is located in the United States
- Cumulative unweighted grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.3
- Minimum ACT Composite score of 25 or a minimum combined SAT score of 1221
- Demonstrate an active leadership role in community service, athletics, and/or similar co-curricular activity
- Substantial work experience
What are the selection criteria?
- Academic achievements
- Participation in school and community activities
- Length of employment (enrichment awards only)
- Work experience (James W. McLamore “WHOPPER” Scholarship only)
- Financial information (James W. McLamore “WHOPPER” Scholarship only)
How much are the Burger King Scholars Program awards?
Scholarship grants range from $1,000 to a whopping $50,000! All award checks will be mailed directly to the institution that the winners are/will attend.
When is the application for the Program due?
The application period is open from October 15th through December 15th. All winners will be notified by May via U.S. Mail.
For additional information regarding the scholarship program:
Please send an email to [email protected]
Scholarship America is the organization that manages the Burger King Scholars program and will be able to answer any questions about the application process or scholarship.
Best of luck to all applicants!