The Buick Achiever’s Scholarship rewards students who have succeeded both inside and outside of the classroom and who may not be able to attend college without financial assistance. It’s a reward for what you’ve made of yourself and the difference you are making for others.
Who is eligible to apply for the Buick Achiever’s Scholarship?
Applicants to the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program must:
- Be high school seniors, high school graduates, or current postsecondary undergraduate students.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico for the entire 2016-17 academic year. Proprietary and online schools are not eligible.
- Plan to major in a course of study that focuses on Engineering/Technology or select Design related programs of study. See the list of eligible majors.
- Demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries using these areas of study.
- Be U.S. citizens and have permanent residence in the United States or Puerto Rico.
Excluded from consideration are employees and relatives of employees of Scholarship Management Services, Scholarship America and their affiliates and subcontractors, and GM Foundation Directors, Officers, and staff and their relatives. Although GM employees are not eligible, relatives of General Motors employees are eligible.
Award Criteria for the Buick Achiever’s Scholarship:
Scholarship recipients are selected based on the following factors:
- Academic achievement
- Financial need
- Participation and leadership in community and school activities, work experience and interest in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industry
- Please note special consideration will be given to the following applicants: first-generation college, female, minority, military veteran or a dependent of military personnel.
The majority of the scholarships will be awarded to students majoring in Engineering/Techology Fields.
How much is the Buick Achiever’s Scholarship worth?
The Buick Achievement Scholarship Program is offering:
Up to $25,000 per year to 50 first-time or existing college students, renewable for up to four years, and one additional year for those entering a qualified five-year engineering program.
The actual award amount will not exceed the total cost of the student’s tuition, fees, books, supplies, required equipment, room and board and other allowable expenses, less other gift aid known at the time of application (scholarships, grants and other awards that do not have to be paid back). Awards are renewable for the given years noted above or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon maintaining a cumulative 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale), full-time enrollment and continuing to major in an eligible field of study.
Awards are for students of any age, for undergraduate study only.
When is the application for the Buick Achiever’s Scholarship due?
The application period closes at 5:00PM EST on February 29, 2016.
Best of luck to all who apply!