Blacks@Microsoft (BAM) was founded in 1989. BAM continues to support young Black high school seniors with financial support to reach their educational goals. For 2020, BAM will award two $5,000 (renewable each year!) scholarships to high achieving high school seniors who plan to major in technology related fields. In addition, up to twenty-four need-based one-time $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to runners-up!
Who is eligible to apply for the Blacks at Microsoft Scholarships?
To be considered for a BAM Scholarship, you must:
- Be a high-school senior of African descent (for example, African American, African, or Ethiopian).
- Plan to attend a four-year college or university in the fall of the year following high-school graduation.
- Plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, or select business programs (such as finance, business administration, or marketing).
- Demonstrate a passion for technology.
- Demonstrate leadership at school or in the community.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Require financial assistance to attend college.
Make sure that you plan ahead, as there are a few requirements to complete this application, including two 250 to 500 word essays, a detailed resume, two letters of recommendation, a photograph, and a high school transcript.
How much are the Blacks at Microsoft Scholarships worth?
This year, BAM will award two US $5,000 scholarships to outstanding high school seniors who are majoring in technology related fields. These scholarships are renewable for up to four years as long as the recipient is in good academic standing according to the official BAM criteria. In addition, up to twenty-four one time scholarships worth $2,500 will be awarded according to financial need!
When are the Blacks at Microsoft Scholarships applications due?
All requirements must be submitted on the Blacks@Microsoft Scholarship website. Be sure to submit your completed application by April 10, 2020.
Questions? Contact BAMScholarship@microsoft.com.
Best of luck to all who apply!