[email protected] (BAM) was founded in 1989. BAM continues to support young Black high school seniors with financial support to reach their educational goals. For 2021, BAM will award 45 Blacks at Microsoft Scholarships with a total value of $182,500! These scholarships are open to high achieving high school seniors who plan to major in technology related fields.
Who is eligible to apply for the Blacks at Microsoft Scholarships?
To be considered for a BAM Scholarship, you must:
- Be a high-school senior of African descent (African American or African).
- Plan to attend a four-year college or university in the fall of the year following high-school graduation
- Plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, or select business programs
- Demonstrate a passion for technology
- Demonstrate leadership at school or in the community
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Require financial assistance to attend college
Make sure that you plan ahead, as there are a few requirements to complete this application. This includes two 250 to 500 word essays, a detailed resume, two letters of recommendation, a photograph, and a high school transcript.
How much are the Blacks at Microsoft Scholarships worth?
Four (4) $20,000 scholarships distributed over 4 years ($5,000 per year, renewable)
Forty-one (41) $2,500 one-time only scholarships
When are the Blacks at Microsoft Scholarships applications due?
Submit all requirements on the [email protected] Scholarship website. Be sure to submit your completed application by March 15, 2022.
Questions? Contact [email protected].
Best of luck to all who apply!