The AXA Achievement Scholarship provides over $1.4 million in scholarships to young people throughout the nation representing all 50 states, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico. AXA is a leading financial firm based in Paris, France that has offices all over the world.
Who is eligible to apply for the AXA Achievement Scholarship?
AXA Achievers are ethnically and economically diverse and also share these qualities:
- Ambition and drive
- Determination to set and reach goals
- Respect for self, family, and community
- Ability to succeed in college
Applicants to the AXA Achievement Scholarship must:
- Be United States citizens or legal residents living or claiming residency in one of the 50 United States, Washington, D.C. or Puerto Rico
- Be current high school seniors who plan to enroll full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States for the Fall 2020 semester
- Demonstrate ambition and self-drive as evidenced by outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities
If you are interested in learning about previous AXA Achievement Scholarship recipients you can check out the profiles of past winners.
How much is the AXA Achievement Scholarship worth?
Fifty-two (52) students will each receive a $10,000 scholarship. One recipient will be selected from each U.S. state, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
From among these 52 recipients, ten (10) will be selected to receive an additional $15,000 scholarship. These national AXA Achievers will each be awarded scholarships totaling $25,000.
Approximately 300 students will be selected to receive a $2,500 scholarship.
The award amounts will be determined by Scholarship America, an outside scholarship award company.
No matter the amount of their scholarship, each award winner will receive a grant of $1,000!
The AXA Achievement Scholarships are for undergraduate study only. While the awards are not renewable each year, those receiving the $10,000 and $25,000 awards can choose to have their award distributed over a specific time period as long as they are enrolled and in good standing. All $2,500 winners must use their awards during the 2020-21 academic year.
*A student may only receive one AXA-Equitable sponsored scholarship.
When is the AXA Achievement Scholarship application due?
- The application deadline is December 15, 2019, but only the first 10,000 applications will be accepted. All students are encouraged to apply as early as possible!
Best of luck to all applicants!