Autoinsurance.org wants to help raise awareness about the dangers of phone use while driving. For this reason, they offer the Autoinsurance.org’s Phone Use and Driving Scholarship to all students under the age of 25.
Who is eligible to apply for the Autoinsurance.org’s Phone Use and Driving Scholarship?
- Full-time (or incoming) students at an accredited US college or university are eligible
- Open to students age 25 and under
- Student must be drivers or in the process of learning how to drive
- All majors are eligible
How to apply?
This scholarship requires applicants to write a 800 to 1000 word essay responding to the following prompts:
- What do you think about your generation’s relationship with their phones? Why do you think that many young drivers feel that their phone use when driving is not dangerous?
- Considering your research on information published in the last 5 years, what are the most surprising findings you’ve made?
- In conclusion of your research for this essay, and in consideration of what you have written, what actions do you think you will undertake to promote young driver safety awareness?
Essays will be judged by a panel of Autoinsurance.org employees on voice, use of credible sources to support personal observations, adhering to word limit, and of course, proper spelling and grammar.
How much is the Autoinsurance.org’s Phone Use and Driving Scholarship worth?
This scholarship is worth $1,000. A check will be sent directly to the winner’s college or university. Funds will be applied towards tuition, room and board, and other qualified fees for the academic year the student is enrolled for.
When is the Autoinsurance.org’s Phone Use and Driving Scholarship application due?
Be sure to apply by September 15, 2019. A winner will be selected by September 30, 2019 and noticed via email.
Questions about this scholarship? Email [email protected] for answers.
Best of luck to all applicants!