Anne Frank Outstanding Scholarship Award
Today’s scholarship is in honor of Anne Frank’s 84th birthday on June 12, 2013. This opportunity is offered by The Anne Frank Center and aims to support students “who have demonstrated outstanding commitments to take a stand against discrimination.”
The specific scholarship we are profiling is the Anne Frank Outstanding Scholarship Award. This opportunity is for graduating high school seniors who will be attending a four-year college or university. This scholarship is worth $10,000. Interested students should be community leaders who “exemplify the commitment, ideals and courage that Anne Frank represents.” Some examples of this type of leadership include:
– Acting as spokespersons for tolerance;
– On a daily basis, having the courage to be bridge builders and peacemakers;
– Creating programs that address intolerance, violence prevention and conflict resolution;
– Standing up against intolerance by leading or participating in community-based organizations
Does this sound like you? If so, the scholarship application is located online.
The application includes the following components:
- Students should write an essay that discusses the contributions they have made to their community “and how their goals are inspired by Anne Frank.” It is suggested that students read the Anne Frank’s Diary to get started.
- Students should submit two letters of recommendations (on letterhead) from people who are personally aware of the student’s community contributions. Recommendations should not come from family members.
If you have any other questions, you should get in touch with The Anne Frank Center via e-mail: [email protected].
Completed applications are due March 1, 2013 and the winning student will be notified on March 29, 2013.
Best of all to all applicants!
This scholarship is no longer available. Continue your scholarship search, starting with our list of easy scholarships!