The American Fire Sprinkler Association, (AFSA) is a non-profit, international association representing merit shop fire sprinkler contractors, dedicated to the educational advancement of its members and promotion of the use of automatic fire sprinkler systems.
Who is eligible for a AFSA Second Chance College Scholarship?
- The Second Chance College Scholarship Contest is open to citizens and aliens legally residing in the USA with High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Scholarship funds are payable to the winner’s college/university or certified trade school in the United States; winner must enroll or already be enrolled for Spring 2020 session.
- Winner selection is NOT based on financial need, GPA or demographic criteria.
- Relatives of AFSA staff or NATIONAL board members may not enter.
- Past winners of AFSA’s High School Senior Scholarship Contest or AFSA’s Second Chance College Scholarships Contest are not eligible to win this contest.
- Scholarship entries are ONLY accepted online through the AFSA scholarship web site (www.afsascholarship.org).
- Entrants must submit a completed entry form with all required information. Before college scholarship funds will be awarded, all information submitted on the entry form by the entrant will be verified. If ANY false or misleading information is submitted on the entry form, the student will be disqualified without notification to the entrant.
- Each entrant is allowed only ONE (1) ENTRY submittal. Any attempt to enter again under a different name, address, etc., will automatically disqualify the entrant without notification to the entrant.
- Entrants selected as winners are required to submit the name and contact information of their chosen college/university/certified trade school* for verification of registration and payment of the scholarship to the school. All forms and processes must be completed within sixty (60) days of contest end date or your scholarship is forfeited.
* A 2- or 4-year college/university/technical/career/online school based in the United States that has completed & received accreditation from an agency recognized by the US Department of Education & is on the list found at http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation or http://www.chea.org
How much is the scholarship worth?
A total of $5,000 is awarded. Five (5) winners will receive a scholarship of $1,000 each.
When is the deadline to apply for the AFSA Second Chance College Scholarship?
Entries will be accepted from 12:00 p.m. (noon) CDT April 22, 2015 until 12:00 p.m. (noon) CDT August 31, 2019.
Best of luck to all applicants!