The American Culinary Federation Education Foundation (ACFEF) offers scholarships to students interested in pursuing culinary, pastry or foodservice-related careers. The scholarship selection committee looks for well-rounded students with a passion for culinary arts. In addition, they look for students who give back to their communities. Volunteering activities include helping at community charity events, food pantries, and/or culinary clubs. Students must be involved for at least one full year before applying for the ACFEF Scholarships.
Who is eligible to apply for the ACFEF Scholarships?
All applicants must be:
- Exemplary students who maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Currently accepted to an institution with a culinary, pastry, or foodservice-related major
The application requires that all applicants answer the following questions in essay form:
- What is your culinary passion, and why did you choose this career field?
- Describe your leadership qualities, and how you use them in a culinary environment
- How important community service is to you?
- Describe how will you use your culinary skills to contribute to your community and the culinary industry
The entire application is completed online, including submitting the essay. Make sure that allow yourself ample time to complete the entire application. Documentation is required.
How much are the ACFEF Scholarships worth?
These scholarship awards vary, depending on which program you apply for. The following are the award amounts for this year:
- Apprenticeship program – up to $1,500
- Certificate programs – up to $1,500
- Post-secondary degree programs – up to $2,500
The ACFEF encourages scholarship winners to reapply for scholarships in future years as long as they meet the academic standards required.
When is the application deadline for these scholarships?
Applications are due on April 30 and October 31 of each year.
To view a list of the lucky 2020 scholarship winners, click here.
Still have questions? Please call (800) 624-9458, ext. 254 or e-mail [email protected].
Best of luck to all who apply!