National FFA Scholarship Program (Future Farmers of America)
According to their website, “FFA scholarships are sponsored by businesses and individuals through the National FFA Foundation and are given for a wide variety of experiences, career goals and higher education plans”
The selection process takes into account the whole student – FFA involvement, work experience, supervised agricultural experience (SAE), community service, leadership skills and academics.
Who is eligible to apply for the National FFA Scholarship Program?
- Be a high school senior or currently enrolled in college
- Be less than 23 years of age at time of application (February 6)
- Be current FFA members unless otherwise stated
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must have Social Security Number to claim scholarships
- Plan to attend post-secondary school in the U.S.
- Be a full-time student
- Currently enrolled and actively attending classes
- Minimum 12 credit hours if enrolled in a post-secondary institution
How much is the National FFA Scholarship Program scholarship worth?
For 2019, up to $2.7 million is available for scholarship funding through the various sponsored scholarship awards.
Most awards are from $200 to $2000 and are renewable!
When is the scholarship application due?
The application closes on Feb. 6, 2019 (5 p.m. EST).
For a handy list of FAQs, click here.
Questions? Contact [email protected]
Best of luck to all applicants!