Intel Science Talent Search
- Grand prize: a USD 100,000 four-year scholarship
- Second place: a USD 75,000 scholarship
- Third place: a USD 50,000 scholarship
- Fourth place: a USD 40,000 scholarship
- Fifth place: a USD 30,000 scholarship
- Sixth and seventh place: USD 25,000 scholarships
- Eighth, ninth, and tenth place: USD 20,000 scholarships
- The remaining 30 finalists: USD 7,500 scholarships
- An all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, D.C.
- An opportunity to meet with government officials, including the President or Vice President of the United States
- A chance to interact with distinguished scientists and display science project research at the National Geographic Society
Touted as “the nation’s most prestigious science research competition for high school seniors,” the Intel Science Talent Search (STS) is up and running. According to the website, the Intel STS “encourages talented U.S. high school seniors to pursue independent research in science, math, engineering, and medicine,” which are then submitted for this competition. The 2013 application is available until November 13, 2012 at 8 PM (eastern time). Read more about what type of research the program is looking for here. Good luck!