The Greenhouse Scholars Scholarship ensures that low-income students who have demonstrated the values of leadership, community, accountability, and relentlessness in high school continue to thrive in college and beyond. The Greenhouse Scholars program helps Scholars be catalysts for permanent change – successfully navigating the college experience, excelling as leaders on campus and off, and becoming outstanding professionals who give back to their communities after graduation.
Who is eligible to apply to Greenhouse Scholars Scholarship?
- Be a graduating high school senior planning to attend a four-year accredited academic institution
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and a legal resident of Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, New York, or North Carolina.
- Have a cumulative, unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above
- Demonstrate financial need (annual household income no greater than $70,000)
Applicants must also demonstrate the following:
- A strong interest and commitment to the community
- An ability to persevere through difficult circumstances
- Excellent leadership skills
The scholarship application has multiple components, so make sure you start as early as possible. The entire application process is done in four rounds, with the final winners being notified the week of April 19, 2022.
How much is the Greenhouse Scholars Scholarship worth?
Scholars may apply for two forms of financial support each year; a four-year, renewable scholarship award of up to $5,000 per year and ‘flex funding’ grants of up to $2,000 per award. Flex Funding grants support a wide range of projects and experiences related to the vision and values of Greenhouse Scholars.
When is the application due?
The online application deadline is November 7, 2021, but the website states that early submissions are highly encouraged. Click here for a timeline of key dates in new scholar selection.
Best of luck to all who apply!