Scholarship America Dream Award assists students from across the nation entering their second year or higher of education beyond high school. Renewable scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at an accredited institution of the student’s choice. The awards will grow in amount each year, allowing students to receive aid throughout their college careers.
This scholarship program is administered by Scholarship America, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
Who is eligible to apply for Scholarship America Dream Award?
Applicants to the Scholarship America Dream Award must:
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident card), or individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA).
- Have received a high school diploma or the equivalent from a U.S. school by September 2018.
- Have completed or expect to successfully complete a minimum of one full year of postsecondary education by June 2019.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at the sophomore year level or higher at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire 2019-20 academic year.
- Be studying to obtain an associate’s or first bachelor’s degree.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Demonstrate financial need.
How much is Scholarship America Dream Award worth?
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive an award ranging from $5,000 to $15,000. Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance in a full-time course of study. Each year of eligible renewal, the award increases by $1,000.
When is the application for Scholarship America Dream Award due?
Your application is due by 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time, October 15, 2018.
Best of luck to all applicants!