At LA Tutors, they believe that it’s more than just the grades that make a great well-rounded student. They believe that “each one of you is creative in his or her own way: some of you blog; others curate documentary photography on Instagram; still others find imaginative ways to solve problems in their public and private lives. Creativity is the air each one of us breathes, but sometimes we get so concerned with grades that we forget that imagination is our natural problem solver.
LA Tutors is passionate about sparking the creative genius in students and would love to commend those outstanding students who have a made a difference in the lives of others in some innovative or technological fashion. In order to achieve this, they have established theInnovation in Education Scholarship students who meet certain criteria.”
In order to be eligible to apply for the Innovation in Education Scholarship, students must:
- Be currently enrolled in a high school or college/university within the United States or Canada.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (or the equivalent).
- Be a citizen of, permanent resident of, or hold a valid student visa in the United States or Canada.
- Have designed an innovative project that makes a difference in the lives of others (This could be a website, series of blogs, an app, fundraising event, etc.)
- Submit an essay describing the goal of the particular project and provide supporting documentation (the essay, idea, or creation must be the applicant’s original work).
How much is the Innovation in Education Scholarship worth?
The applicant of the winning project will receive a one-time scholarship of $500. The funds may be applied to the following school-related expenses: tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board. The scholarship winner will be contacted via email at the address provided and must respond within five(5) days to receive the award. Scholarship funds are provided by LA Tutors 123 and will be paid via mail to the winning applicant.
When is the Innovation in Education Scholarship application due?
All submissions must be uploaded no later than 11:59 pm PST on the 20th of each month. The submission window closes starting the 21st and will reopen on the 1st at 8:00 a.m.
Best of luck to all applicants!