Horatio Alger National Scholarships
The Horatio Alger Association offers the Horatio Alger National Scholarships to deserving high school seniors. Students involved in co-curricular and community activities are eligible for this scholarship. The Horatio Alger National Scholarships rewards students who demonstrate integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity.
To be fully eligible, the applicant will demonstrate:
- enrollment full time as a high school senior in the United States, progressing normally toward graduation in the Spring/Summer 2019, with plans to enter college no later than the fall following graduation;
- a strong commitment to pursuing and completing a bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution located in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution.
- critical financial need ($55,000 or less adjusted gross income per family is preferred. If higher, explanation must be provided);
- a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
- United States Citizenship.
How much are the Horatio Alger National Scholarships worth?
106 $25,000 scholarships will be awarded!
When is the deadline to apply for the Horatio Alger National Scholarships?
Applications must be submitted by October 25, 2018. The application is accessible online.
If you have any questions, check out the FAQ on the Horatio Alger website.
Best of luck to all who apply!