According to their website, the Dell Scholars Program is looking for students who have “Grit, Potential and Ambition.”
- Grit by overcoming personal challenges in your life related to your family, school or community
- Potential by participating in college readiness programs and seeking out academic rigor
- Ambition by dreaming of obtaining a college degree
Who is eligible to apply to the Dell Scholars Program?
To be eligible to apply for the Dell Scholars Program, you must meet the below listed criteria:
- Participating in a Michael & Susan Dell Foundation approved college readiness program in grades 11 and 12
- Graduating from an accredited high school this academic year
- Earning a minimum of a 2.4 GPA
- Demonstrated need for financial assistance
- Eligible to receive a federal Pell grant in first year of college
- Planning to enroll full-time in a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited higher education institution in the fall directly after your graduation from high school
How much is the Dell Scholars Program scholarship worth?
In addition to $20,000, a laptop and textbook credits, Dell Scholars also receive “ongoing support and assistance to address all of the emotional, lifestyle, and financial challenges.”
When is the Dell Scholars Program application due?
The application closes January 15, 2017.
Best of luck to all applicants!