According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, STEM occupations are growing at a rapid 17% compared to a 9.8% growth for other occupations. An education in STEM creates critical thinkers, visionaries, and enables the next generation of innovators.
As a global leader in the IT and professional staffing services industry, Collabera understands the importance of STEM and how it makes an impact on the evolving business environment we live in. As technology continuously expands into every aspect of our lives, we need to support the future leaders of tomorrow who are pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Collabera is committed to helping the industry’s future leaders form a solid foundation by offering the 2017 Collabera STEM Scholarship.
Who is eligible to apply for a Collabera STEM Scholarship?
Applicants must meet the requirements and submit the following information in order to qualify:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be attending, or planning to attend, an accredited college, university or technical college on a full-time basis.
- Must be pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics
- Official Transcript
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 on the 4.0 scale
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or professor
- Submit a one page essay answering the following question: Pursuing a career in STEM requires a strong commitment to stay on top of the ever-changing world of technology. As a future STEM leader, what influenced your decision to pursue a career in STEM and how do you think you will make an impact in this industry?
What is the value of the Collabera STEM Scholarship?
Three passionate individuals have the opportunity to receive a $2500 scholarship to assist their efforts in pursuing an exciting and rewarding STEM career.
When is the deadline to apply for the Collabera STEM Scholarship?
Submission deadline is March 30th, 2017 at 11:59PM EST
For an application and complete rules, or to apply online, please visit www.scholarshipprograms.org/collabera
Best of luck to all who apply!