Charles Shafae’ Scholarship Fund
Today’s scholarship, the Charles Shafae’ Scholarship Fund, is sponsored by Papercheck. Each year, Papercheck sponsors two essay scholarships for students. Each scholarship program is worth $500.
Who is eligible?
The Charles Shafeae’ Scholarship Fund is open to students of all majors. To be eligible students must:
- be enrolled as a full-time student at a four-year university or college in the U.S.A.
- be a legal resident of the US or have a valid student visa
- be in “good standing” at their current institution
- have and maintain a minimum of a 3.2 GPA
What is the essay prompt?
As this is an essay scholarship, there is indeed a prompt:
United States Gun Control: Gun control laws vary in each state; some states have more restricted laws than others. Choose a state/district with relaxed gun control laws and a state/district with tight gun control laws, and compare the crime rates, as well as any other related factors, between the two. Are there any significant outside factors that could affect each state’s gun control laws? Analyze those factors in the states with both relaxed and tight gun control laws. Should states follow the strict gun control laws that citizens of other countries, such as Korea and Singapore, must abide by in order to lower crime rates?
Are there any essay guidelines?
- Essays should be a minimum of 1,000 words (there is no maximum word count).
- Students should cite and use sources whenever appropriate.
- Essays should include a works cited page with a minimum of three sources.
- The citation style should be MLA.
Where can I apply?
Students can apply for this scholarship online on the PaperCheck website.
The deadline for this scholarship is December 1, 2013.
If you have any further questions you can reach out to the scholarship committee via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Best of luck to all students!