GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program
The GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program, a generous program for high school seniors, will soon be accepting applications. This program looks to reward college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with financial assistance to pursue higher education.
Who is eligible to apply for the GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program?
To be eligible for this award, applicants must:
- demonstrate at school, at the workplace, and within the community the attributes of leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship;
- demonstrate strong academic performance (minimum 3.0 grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent);
- be citizens of the United States of America;
- be current high school seniors attending high school in the United States (students living on U.S. Armed Forces base and homeschooled students are also eligible); and
- plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
In addition, semifinalists must be nominated by an eligible community leader, such as a high school principal, elected official or executive director of a nonprofit organization, and must provide documentation to certify academic performance and financial need. Finalists will be interviewed via Skype or telephone by a member of the selection committee. Learn more about the qualifications of a GE-Reagan Foundation Scholar.
Counselors and teachers, download the flyer here.
When is the GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program application due?
Qualified candidates may apply online through January 4, 2019 or until 25,000 applications are submitted, whichever comes first. Candidates must complete the secure online application and all of its components prior to the deadline or before 25,000 applications are submitted. Incomplete applications will be disqualified. If the program reaches 25,000 applications before 11:59 PM CST on the deadline date of January 4, 2019, it will automatically close.
How much is this scholarship worth?
Each year, the program selects numerous recipients to receive a $10,000 scholarship renewable for up to an additional three years (up to $40,000 total per recipient)!
Best of luck!