Upakar was founded to support the educational and career aspirations of the Indian-American community. The Upakar Indian-American Scholarship provides $8,000 over four years for each recipient. In addition to the scholarship, Upakar provides a mentoring program for scholarship recipients. This is an outstanding opportunity to seek the advice of and network with successful professionals across the United States from the Indian-American community.
To be eligible for an Upakar Indian-American Scholarship, you should:
- Have either been born or have one parent born in the Republic of India
- Be either a U.S. citizen or a U.S. ‘Green Card’ holder (no exceptions)
- Be actively seeking enrollment in a 2 year community college or an undergraduate 4-year degree program at a college or university in the United States for the 2016-2017 academic year
- Have a 2015 Family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) on the IRS form 1040, 1040EZ or 1040A of less than $75,000
- Currently be a graduating high school senior living in the USA with a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.6 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
What is the amount of the scholarship?
The Upakar Foundation provides $8,000 over four years for each scholarship recipient. Each year, the annual scholarship is renewed if the scholar maintains a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.3 (out of 4.0).
When is the deadline to apply?
Applications for the 2017 scholarship must be post-marked by April 29th, 2017.
Questions? Click here for a handy FAQs page.
Still have questions? Contact the Upakar Foundation at email@example.com
Best of luck to all applicants!