Upakar was founded to support the educational and career aspirations of the Indian-American community. The Upakar Indian-American Scholarship provides $8,000 over four years for each recipient. In addition to the scholarship, Upakar provides a mentoring program for scholarship recipients. This is an outstanding opportunity to seek the advice of and network with successful professionals across the United States from the Indian-American community.
To be eligible for an Upakar Foundation scholarship, you must meet all criteria:
• Either you or one parent was born in India
• Be either a U.S. citizen or a U.S. ‘Green Card’ holder (Permanent Resident)
• Be actively seeking enrollment in an undergraduate 4 year degree program at an accredited college or
University or a 2 year community college in the United States for the 2019-2020 academic year
• Have a 2018 Family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) on the IRS form 1040 (line 7) of less than $90,000
• Have a cumulative non-weighted GPA over 3.6 (on a 4.0 scale)
• Be a graduating high school senior in 2019 and live in the United States
For specific criteria and instruction, click here.
What is the amount of the scholarship?
The Upakar Foundation provides $8,000 over four years for each scholarship recipient. Each year, the annual scholarship is renewed if the scholar maintains a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.3 (out of 4.0).
When is the deadline to apply?
Applications for the 2018 scholarship must be post-marked by April 30, 2019.
Questions? Click here for a handy FAQs page.
Still have questions? Contact the Upakar Foundation at email@example.com
Best of luck to all applicants!